The Ombudsman institution is closed for enquiries in person up to and including 2 January 2021 until further notice. Enquiries by telephone: 10-14 hrs.
The Danish Parliamentary Ombudsman
DK-1457 Copenhagen K
Telephone number: +45 33 13 25 12
EAN number: 5798000016262
CBR-number: 33 94 63 84
Telephone hours: Monday-Friday 10-14
Personal enquiries: No enquiries in person up to and including 30 September 2020.
Please notice the following in connection with enquiries in person at the Ombudsman institution:
- Please do not show up if you have symptoms of COVID-19, a cold, fever or the like.
- You must reduce the number of possible support persons etc. so that the meeting is held with no more than two persons.
- We ask you to use the hand sanitizer available at the Ombudsman institution when visiting us.
- Our reception area can only accommodate two visitors at a time. If the number of persons waiting to speak to us exceeds two persons, we ask you to wait in our yard until our visiting room is available.
- A screen has been installed in our reception area and our visiting room to prevent infection.
Irrespective of how you contact the Parliamentary Ombudsman, we always ask you to state your full name and your postal address. As part of our case processing, we need to know who contacts us.
In most cases, we will send you a reply via your digital postbox (e-Boks). Therefore, we ask you to write to us via your digital postbox (with digital signature and encryption), if possible.
The Ombudsman cannot consider anonymous complaints. This is stipulated in Section 13(2) of the Ombudsman Act.